Monday, January 24, 2011

Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bars

Do you like Girl Scout cookies? Who doesn't? For me, you can't get any better than the Samoas. Unfortunately, the Girl Scouts only set up shop outside Walmart once a year. So unless you drop your life's savings on a year's supply, you have to do without that perfect mix of coconut, caramel and chocolate for 11 months. Until now! During a recent trip to Pathmark I was perusing the granola bar aisle when I came across these beauties. I am always instantly drawn to anything containing coconut, so I picked up a box of Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bars, Caramel-Coconut-Fudge. Little did I know, these bars would be the missing link to my months of longing for the Samoas to return. They taste exactly like their Girl Scout counterpart, minus the cookie crunch. And at only 120 calories and 9g of fiber per bar, they are a healthier alternative too. Even when the Samoas (150 calories for 2 cookies) make their next appearance, I will definitely still opt for the Kellogg's bar.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars!! I haven't tried this flavor yet (I'm partial to the almond or PB ones) - I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete